Tuesday, April 15, 2008

watch these women

I have a couple of insightful, genuine, funny, compassionate, simply AMAZING friends. These women are real. They are transparent. They trust. They love.

Stephanie... I told her about my newly formed idea of maybe, possibly, writing a blog. Her response was to go for it. She told me she would read it. She thinks I have something to say. She sees something valuable in me.

Heather... I told her that I’ve stopped dreaming. Just didn’t see any point anymore after the brokenness and failure in my past. She heard that. She spoke to that. She saw the lie in it and pointed me toward truth. She sees that God breathed a dream into me when He created me.

I love these women. They add value to my life. They inspire me to reach higher, to dive deeper. They reflect the heart of God.

For the past few months we’ve gathered together. We’ve talked and laughed and listened. Through the intersection of our lives and the fruit of our conversations, this blog is born.

1 Sam. 18:1 …”the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.”

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so proud of you! You're courageous and amazing. It's a privilege to be your friend. This is beautifully eloquent and poignant. All I have is gratitude that God brought us together. Keep going!

heather said...

GREATFUL! i too am greatful for our friendship. you and steph both add value to me and my life.
i couldn't have said this any better myself. you're AWESOME sarah!

Kathy Guy said...

Well, I'm the outsider and I love all three of you!

This is a really great post Sarah! Looking forward to getting to know you through this.

Anonymous said...

the day you stop dreaming.... i'm gonna come give you a swift kick in the pants!!!!!

sarah you are a dreamer and a visionary.... glad you are sharing those thoughts and visions and dreams with the rest of us - don't keep them inside love!